- God is Holy. This means that He is perfect and without sin.
- God requires us to be holy.
- When God created Adam and Eve, they had the opportunity to obey God’s laws.They chose to disobey resulting in the fall of mankind. Because of the fall, all relationships between mankind and God were affected.
- Everyone is guilty of sin.
- It is because of this sin that mankind has been given the death sentence.This is not only a physical death, but also a spiritual death which means we are eternally separated from God.
- No matter what we do, we cannot live up to God’s standards. It is impossible for us to erase our sins.
- Jesus, who is God, left heaven to come to this earth in human form.
- Jesus willingly gave his life on the cross to save us and pay the price for our sins.
- Three days after his death, Jesus rose from the dead and is still alive today.
To be saved requires us to acknowledge certain truths. First, we need to acknowledge the existence of a Holy God and that He has revealed Himself to us through the Bible. Secondly, we need to acknowledge that all that exists has been created by God, including the human race. Once we acknowledge these truths, we can accept the Gospel message. Jesus Christ came and lived on this earth and never did anything wrong, so that He could die on the cross and pay the price for our sins. Jesus did this so that we could escape the fires of hell and spend eternity with Him in heaven. The Gospel message includes the following facts: